Booking of practices and Courses
We use an online booking system called “Spond”, where you can book your spot at practices and courses. You will receive an invitation to join our group on Spond after you sign up for a membership, and you will have to create a user with the same e-mail used to register for the membership. You can use the system either on pc/tablet (https://spond.com/welcome), or as an app for phones. We recommend downloading the app, and turning off email notifications.
How booking works:
- Sign up only if you are certain you are going to attend (important!). We have experienced that many people just book a spot, and only show up if they feel like it. This is not okay (obviously) as many spots go to waste, and this kind of mind-set really hurts our club-culture.
- The first ones to fill up available spots get to play. You can also sign up for the waiting list. If someone cancel their spot, you might get to play after all.
- It will be possible to sign up for practices/courses 5 days in advance
- Common practices are run with a maximum of 4 players per court. They will have 4 or 8 spots available, dependent on if it’s outplayed on one or two courts.
- practices and courses might get cancelled for various reasons.
- Cancelling your spot: Players are not meant to cancel their spot when they have signed up. However, we do recognise that unexpected situations may arise, and in this case players are allowed to cancel if done according to our guidelines:
- 24-hour Rule: If there is at least 24 hours until the practice starts, you may cancel your spot without further notice. This gives other members a chance to react if they are given your spot through the waiting list, or if they are browsing our practices for free spots.
- Warnings: If you fail to follow the 24-hour rule for cancelling, and don’t show up, you will receive a warning. If you get a second warning (same semester), you will be suspended from all tennis activities for the next 2 weeks. As for courses, you will need to pay for the course if you fail to follow the 24-hour rule.
- Illness: If you suddenly become ill (within the 24 hours prior to a session you're signed up to), make sure to notify people on Facebook and Spond that you can't make it. We might consider not giving you a warning, but hangovers, sleepiness, slight flues etc. are not valid excuses.
Please note that you are not eligible to book spots at practices or courses before you have paid your invoice (semester fee)!